Waterproofing the Building Envelope
- Terminology and approaches to waterproofing
- Types of waterproofing products and their intended applications (below grade and plaza decks)
- Challenges of pre and post-applied waterproofing
- Deck waterproofing
- Detailing / design considerations
- Understanding the types of waterproofing products available.
- Designing / creating / selecting the appropriate waterproofing and drainage systems and accessories for the building envelope.
- Understanding the different types of waterproofing applications (pre-applied and post-applied).
- The importance of quality control measures for the desired performance of waterproofing systems.
Speaker: Brad Stare, Director of Sales for AVM Industries
Speaker Bio: Brad holds a B.S. in Business Marketing from Illinois State University (GoRedbirds). He is a former U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant and Military Police Officer. Brad has 14 years of experience in the building industry. Before joining AVM,he was a Vice President for Dayton Superior's Chemical, Accessories, Paving and Symons Forming segments and was also North American Sales Director for CETCO's below grade and plaza deck waterproofing systems.
We are excited to be back at The Ranch, but please note that we stil have a limited capacity of 60 attendees to satisfy Covid-19 regulations. If you do not register online, you may be turned away at the door. Thank You
Meeting Location: The Ranch at Las Colinas
Meeting Address: 857 W. John Carpenter Fwy, Irving, Texas 75039
Registration start time: 11:30 am.
Presentation begins: 12:00 pm.
(please arrive before noon so the servers can take your order prior to the start of the presentation)
Member/Friend of the Chapter Cost: $15 online or $20 at the door
Non-Member/Guest Cost: $25 online or $30 at the door