Anatomy of Globe Life Field
A glimpse into the design and construction of a world class major league indoor/outdoor baseball stadium, digging into the moving parts that act behind the scenes to let the fans focus on throwing back hot-dogs and cheering at the bottom of the 9th. The presentation will cover some elements of the retractable roof and super structure as they begin to form a fitting new home of the Texas Rangers in Arlington. Speaker: Todd Scherle
Speaker Bio: Todd is a registered Architect and Senior Construction Contract Administrator with HKS Architects. Todd’s experience spans over 35 years and has administered project types ranging from major mixed use, healthcare, hospitality, sports, retail, justice and commercial projects, totaling approximately $6 billion in construction value. Todd has served as the senior administrator on the new Globe Life Park for the past two years and brings a vast knowledge base in the implementation and coordination for this major landmark facility in Arlington.
1. How a project of this magnitude comes together to serve the needs of the community
2. Learn key aspects of design vocabulary for a 40,000 seat indoor stadium
3. Learn what’s goes into a moving roof structure
4. Learn how multiple thousands are kept safe in a high capacity spectator environment
5. Order of magnitude in materials, handling and construction
Meeting Location: The Ranch at Las Colinas
Meeting Address: 857 W. John Carpenter Fwy, Irving, Texas 75039
Registration start time: 11:30 am.
Presentation begins: 12:00 pm.
(please arrive before noon so the servers can take your order prior to the start of the presentation)
Member/Friend of the Chapter Cost: $15 online or $20 at the door
Non-Member/Guest Cost: $25 online or $30 at the door