Presentation: A Case Study on Loews Coronado Bay - Lessons Learned
In the presentation we will review and discuss the importance of property evaluations all the way thru the construction process and then following up with your client after the project is completed. Often proper planning and facilitation are over looked which can lead to undesirable results for all parties involved.
Speaker: Michael Cogburn, AIA, CSI
Speaker Bio: Mr. Cogburn has been a licensed Architect for 36 years and 21 of those years have been with Arnold & Associates. Throughout the years his professional career has taken him to almost every major U.S. City as well as the Hawaiian Islands. As a licensed architect as well as a roofing and waterproofing consultant, Mr. Cogburn conducts analysis of problematic conditions on existing buildings, provide value in producing construction documents that provide a single scope of work for correcting those difficult conditions, and then follow through during construction, observing the specified correction in the field. Michael also served as President of the NTCRCI chapter in 2014 and held numerous board positions prior to that.
- The importance of property evaluation, scheduling, and planning
- The importance of sequencing of work and work flow.
- The importance of preparing comprehensive and concise bid documents.
- The importance of construction contingency.
- The importance of field observation and change orders.
- The importance of precise punch list and closeout of the Project.
- The importance of follow up with your client.
Meeting Location: The Ranch at Las Colinas
Meeting Address: 857 W. John Carpenter Fwy, Irving, Texas 75039
Registration start time: 11:30 am.
Presentation begins: 12:00 pm.
(please arrive before noon so the servers can take your order prior to the start of the presentation)
Member/Friend of the Chapter Cost: $15 online or $20 at the door
Non-Member/Guest Cost: $25 online or $30 at the door